This Christmas, we are providing some simple crafts for families, individuals, or groups of friends to do together. We believe that Christmas is a time to focus not on stuff, but on being together and celebrating the Christ Child who made this season what it is.
Here is the second of those crafts:
The Season of Advent is just about here and it’s a great time to get prepared so that we can enjoy the season without distractions. This Advent Wreath DIY is simple to make and is fairly inexpensive.
SIMPLE ADVENT WREATH DIY
Let’s start out with the supply list you’ll need to make this advent wreath. I have links posted below to either the exact or similar items I used for making our advent wreath.
You can definitely substitute with any item you prefer or supplies you have on hand.
- 12” wire wreath frame
- Soft greenery garland (if you have a dollar store near you, check them out for this.)
- Purple poinsettia flowers
- Advent candle set
- 4 candle holders
- White Christmas ribbon
- Greenery ties
- Glue gun
HOW TO MAKE AN ADVENT WREATH
This wreath is incredibly simple to make.
- First, take your garland and wrap it around your wire wreath until it is completely covered. Use your hot glue to hold it in place.
- Next, you’ll take your white ribbon and wrap it around until you’ve found your desired placement. Secure it with a small dab of hot glue.
- Using a little bit of floral wire or greenery ties, space out the candle holders as evenly in place as possible and secure in place.
- Fill in empty areas of your wreath with you purple poinsettia flowers and use a little bit of hot glue to hold them in place.
- Add your candles and voila, you’ve made a super simple advent wreath.
Download the instructions here > COMPASSION ADVENT WREATH
This craft is adapted from bootsandhooveshomestead.com
We would love to hear from you about your experience with the Advent Wreath. Please email us at [email protected] when your Christmas season is through.